August 23, 2011
School districts throughout Central Virginia are reporting closures and damages following the 5.8 magnitude earthquake that hit at 1:51pm Tuesday afternoon in Louisa County.
The following schools are reporting closures:
- Louisa County Public Schools closed Wednesday. Schools will remain closed to all students and teachers until September 6.
- Germanna Community College closed Wednesday
- Orange County Public Schools closed Wednesday
- Culpeper County Public Schools closed Wednesday.
The following damages have been reported:
Albemarle County Schools: minor cosmetic damage reported at four schools: Sutherland, Walton, Scottsville and Henley. Schools open Wednesday.
Charlottesville City Schools: no major damages reported. Schools open Wednesday.
- Madison County Schools: no damages to public school buildings reported. Expect to be open Wednesday.
- Fluvanna County Schools: no injuries or major damages. Schools open Wednesday.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.