August 23, 2011
School districts throughout Central Virginia are reporting closures and damages following the 5.8 magnitude earthquake that hit at 1:51pm Tuesday afternoon in Louisa County.
The following schools are reporting closures:
- Louisa County Public Schools closed Wednesday. Schools will remain closed to all students and teachers until September 6.
- Germanna Community College closed Wednesday
- Orange County Public Schools closed Wednesday
- Culpeper County Public Schools closed Wednesday.
The following damages have been reported:
Albemarle County Schools: minor cosmetic damage reported at four schools: Sutherland, Walton, Scottsville and Henley. Schools open Wednesday.
Charlottesville City Schools: no major damages reported. Schools open Wednesday.
- Madison County Schools: no damages to public school buildings reported. Expect to be open Wednesday.
- Fluvanna County Schools: no injuries or major damages. Schools open Wednesday.
The comments sections of Newsplex.com are designed for thoughtful, intelligent conversation and debate. We want to hear from our viewers, but we only ask that you use your best judgment. E-mail is required, but will not be displayed with comment.
As a host Newsplex.com welcomes a wide spectrum of opinions. However this is a site that we host. We have a responsibility to all our readers to try to keep our comment section fair and decent. For that reason The Newsplex reserves the right to not post or to remove any comment.
If you have any ideas to improve the conversation or this section let us know. Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
powered by Disqus