Fire that Killed 2-year-old Va. Girl Accidental

By: News Staff Email
By: News Staff Email

September 8, 2013

MARION, Va. (AP) - Virginia State Police say a fire that killed a 2-year-old Smyth County girl has been ruled accidental.

State police tell media outlets that human error contributed to the fire at an apartment complex. No other details have been released.

The fire occurred last week at Country Club Crossing Apartments in Marion.

Police say 2-year-old Abigrail Dove Mardis was pronounced dead at the scene. Three family members were injured.

The fire began in the family's second-story apartment in one building. The fire then spread to three other apartments.


The comments sections of Newsplex.com are designed for thoughtful, intelligent conversation and debate. We want to hear from our viewers, but we ask that you follow our rules for commenting. E-mail is required to comment on a story, but it will not be displayed with your comment. For complete rules, CLICK HERE. The Newsplex reserves the right to not post or to remove any comment.
powered by Disqus
The Charlottesville Newsplex 999 2nd Street S.E. Charlottesville, VA 22902 434.242.1919 – Main 434.220.7522 - Newsroom
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 222885931 - newsplex.com/a?a=222885931
Gray Television, Inc.