2 Va. High School Students Hospitalized for Drug Overdose

December 22, 2010

A D.C. fire official says two Virginia high school students have been taken to a hospital because of a recreational drug overdose.

D.C. Fire and EMS spokesman Pete Piringer says paramedics were called Tuesday morning to a report of a sick person near the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum. He says they arrived to find several sick students.

Piringer says two were taken to a hospital in serious, but not life-threatening condition. He says the students were thought to have ingested a recreational drug, based on the evaluation of paramedics.

Piringer says a third student, who did not use drugs, also was taken to the hospital to be treated for flu-like symptoms. He says the students were from a high school in Stafford County, Va.


The comments sections of Newsplex.com are designed for thoughtful, intelligent conversation and debate. We want to hear from our viewers, but we ask that you follow our rules for commenting. E-mail is required to comment on a story, but it will not be displayed with your comment. For complete rules, CLICK HERE. The Newsplex reserves the right to not post or to remove any comment.
powered by Disqus
The Charlottesville Newsplex 999 2nd Street S.E. Charlottesville, VA 22902 434.242.1919 – Main 434.220.7522 - Newsroom
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 112324019 - newsplex.com/a?a=112324019
Gray Television, Inc.