An ambulance enters the Campbell County High School responding to a multiple shooting, Tuesday, Nov. 8, 2005, in Jacksboro, Tenn. A student shot and killed an assistant principal and seriously wounded two other administrators at the school Tuesday, officials said. (AP Photo/Wade Payne)
May 28, 2012
York County firefighters say a propane leak caused an explosion on a recreational vehicle. A couple and their two grandchildren were badly burned.
The Daily Press reports that three campers who heard the explosion at a KOA campground Friday night rushed to the scene and helped three people out of the RV. The boy was found a short distance away. All four suffered second- and third-degree burns.
Camper Michael Frankenthaler, a doctor, wrapped the victims in wet towels to ease the burn wounds. Frankenthaler said more campers came to help, and they worked to make sure the victims didn't go into shock while they awaited transport to a Richmond hospital.
The victims' names and conditions were not released, but Frankenthaler said he was told they were all recovering Sunday.
The comments sections of Newsplex.com are designed for thoughtful, intelligent conversation and debate. We want to hear from our viewers, but we only ask that you use your best judgment. E-mail is required, but will not be displayed with comment.
As a host Newsplex.com welcomes a wide spectrum of opinions. However this is a site that we host. We have a responsibility to all our readers to try to keep our comment section fair and decent. For that reason The Newsplex reserves the right to not post or to remove any comment.
If you have any ideas to improve the conversation or this section let us know. Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
powered by Disqus