2 Va. Dogs Die from Eating Toxic Meatballs

Fairfax County police are investigating the deaths of two dogs who ate toxic meatballs.

Police say animal control officers were called to a home in the 15100 block of Olddale Road in Centreville at about 5 p.m. Wednesday. A five-month-old pit bull had eaten a meatball tainted with an unidentified toxic substance and became sick. Officers then found that a West Highland Terrier at a nearby home also had eaten a tainted meatball around the same time. Both dogs later died.

Officials say meatballs were found in the backyards of three neighboring homes. They say the meatballs are being tested at a local lab.

Police say residents should inspect their yards for unusual or suspicious items, and if they find any, they should call police right away.


The comments sections of Newsplex.com are designed for thoughtful, intelligent conversation and debate. We want to hear from our viewers, but we ask that you follow our rules for commenting. E-mail is required to comment on a story, but it will not be displayed with your comment. For complete rules, CLICK HERE. The Newsplex reserves the right to not post or to remove any comment.
powered by Disqus
The Charlottesville Newsplex 999 2nd Street S.E. Charlottesville, VA 22902 434.242.1919 – Main 434.220.7522 - Newsroom
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 95113854 - newsplex.com/a?a=95113854
Gray Television, Inc.