June 15, 2014
MIDLOTHIAN, Va. (AP) - Chesterfield County fire officials say chemical fumes in a house sent three people to the hospital.
Media outlets report that the incident occurred Saturday afternoon in Midlothian.
Chesterfield fire Lt. Jason Elmore tells the Richmond Times-Dispatch that a mixture of several household chemicals produced the fumes. He didn't identify the chemicals.
Two adults and a male juvenile were taken to a local hospital for treatment. Elmore says the juvenile suffered serious injuries. The adults' injuries were not life-threatening.