Fire Breaks Out at Senior Citizens Complex in Va.

By: news Email
By: news Email

Fire breaks out at senior citizens complex in Va.
Eds: APNewsNow.

FAIRFAX, Va. (AP) - Authorities say the residents of a senior citizens apartment complex in Virginia were evacuated after an electrical fire but that no one was injured.

Officials say the fire broke out Friday night around 9:30 p.m. in the Lockwood House complex in the 600 block of North Madison Street, which is on the Fairfax and Arlington County border. Deputy Fairfax County Fire Chief Chuck Ryan says the fire involved both electrical equipment and gas lines.

It was not clear when residents will be allowed to return to the building. The complex has about 100 apartments.


The comments sections of Newsplex.com are designed for thoughtful, intelligent conversation and debate. We want to hear from our viewers, but we ask that you follow our rules for commenting. E-mail is required to comment on a story, but it will not be displayed with your comment. For complete rules, CLICK HERE. The Newsplex reserves the right to not post or to remove any comment.
powered by Disqus
The Charlottesville Newsplex 999 2nd Street S.E. Charlottesville, VA 22902 434.242.1919 – Main 434.220.7522 - Newsroom
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 260547361 - newsplex.com/a?a=260547361
Gray Television, Inc.