November 1, 2010
The owner of a Virginia Beach restaurant had an unexpected item on the menu: a man dangling from an exhaust vent over the kitchen stove.
Harold Owens had to delay his restaurant's opening Saturday when he arrived and found the trapped intruder's legs dangling from the exhaust vent.
The fire department was called to free the man from the 18-by-18-inch duct.
The Virginian-Pilot reports the man was taken to a local hospital for treatment of a shoulder injury. Investigators believe the former employee of Harold's Restaurant was attempting to enter the restaurant.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.