June 23, 2012
Dozens of apartments at a Portsmouth complex where a couple was found dead have tested positive for carbon monoxide.
Media outlets report that all 210 units at the Swanson Homes public housing complex were checked for the deadly gas and at least 42 tested positive. Most of those had very low levels.
The complex is owned by the Portsmouth Redevelopment and Housing Authority. Deputy executive director Kathy Warren says the units where the gas was detected were evacuated as a precaution.
Warren says 15 gas ranges and eight water heaters are being replaced in some of the units.
The couple's bodies were found Thursday. Accidental carbon monoxide poisoning is listed as the cause of death, although the source is still being investigated.
The comments sections of Newsplex.com are designed for thoughtful, intelligent conversation and debate. We want to hear from our viewers, but we only ask that you use your best judgment. E-mail is required, but will not be displayed with comment.
As a host Newsplex.com welcomes a wide spectrum of opinions. However this is a site that we host. We have a responsibility to all our readers to try to keep our comment section fair and decent. For that reason The Newsplex reserves the right to not post or to remove any comment.
If you have any ideas to improve the conversation or this section let us know. Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
powered by Disqus
Designed by Gray Digital Media