The Virginia women's tennis team was able to overcome a five-hour delay and advance to the ACC semifinals with a 4-1 win over Georgia Tech in Friday's quarterfinals.
No. 3 seed UVa will face No. 2 seed Miami in Saturday's semifinals. The Hurricanes advanced with a 4-2 win over Notre Dame on Friday.
The Cavaliers are now in the ACC semifinals for the third straight season. UVa has lost its last two semifinal appearances.
Friday's quarterfinal match was originally scheduled to begin at 3 p.m. But rain in Cary forced the match to be delayed five hours, and eventually moved indoors.
1. Woodard/Kurey (GT) led Nauta/Xi (UVa) 6-5 DNF
2. Elbaba/Pierson (UVa) def. Prokhnevska/Wacker (GT) 8-3
3. Collins/Epstein (UVa) def. Anton-Ohlmeyer/McAdoo (GT) 8-2
Order of Finish: 3, 2
1. Julia Elbaba (UVa) def. Kendal Woodard (GT) 6-2, 6-4
2. Danielle Collins (UVa) tied Megan Kurey (GT) 6-3, 3-6 DNF
3. Stephanie Nauta (UVa) led Rasheeda McAdoo (GT) 7-5, 4-1 DNF
4. Rachel Pierson (UVa) def. Natasha Prokhnevska (GT) 0-6, 6-1, 6-1
5. Muriel Wacker (GT) def. Maci Epstein (UVa) 6-4, 6-4
6. Caryssa Peretz (UVa) def. Alex Anton-Ohlmeyer (GT) 6-3, 6-1
Order of Finish: 5, 6, 4, 1
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.