The No. 13 Virginia women's tennis team continued its stellar play against No. 58 Utah during second-day action of the UVa Winter Invitational Sunday at the Boyd Tinsley Courts at the Boar's Head Sports Club.
The Cavaliers went 4-2 in singles and 5-0 in doubles against the Utes. Virginia added a pair of singles wins and a doubles victory against Marshall to finish the day 6-2 in singles and 6-0 in doubles.
Posting singles wins for Virginia against Utah were No. 11 Julia Elbaba, No. 43 Rachel Pierson, No. 85 Stephanie Nauta and Marie Faure.
Li Xi and Maci Epstein added singles wins against Marshall.
Virginia’s No. 8 tandem of Elbaba and Pierson posted a pair of victories for the second straight day, while Nauta and Epstein also went 2-0 in doubles.
Danielle Collins and Xi added a 6-3 win against Utah and Faure and Caryssa Peretz picked up a 6-2 win versis Marshall.
No. 13 Virginia vs. No. 58 Utah
1. #11 Julia Elbaba (UVA) def. #107 Tereza Bekerova (UU) 6-3, 6-3
2. Sarah Pham (UU) def. #28 Danielle Collins (UVA) 6-2, 2-6, 1-0(8)
3. #43 Rachel Pierson (UVA) def. Callie Craig (UU) 6-1, 6-1
4. #85 Stephanie Nauta (UVA) def. Paige Miles (UU) 6-0, 6-0
5. Sarah Richter (UU) def. Caryssa Peretz (UVA) 6-2, 6-4
6. Marie Faure (UVA) def. Luisa Gerstner Da Rosa (UU) 6-7(4), 6-0, 1-0(5)
7. Li Xi (UVA) def. Kai Broomfield (MU) 6-4, 6-1
8. Maci Epstein (UVA) def. Derya Turhan (MU) 6-3, 6-2
Doubles Round 1
1. #8 Julia Elbaba/Rachel Pierson (UVA) def. Tereza Bekerova/Paige Miles (UU) 7-5
2. Danielle Collins/Li Xi (UVA) def. Luisa Gerstner Da Rosa/Sarah Richter (UU) 6-3
3. Maci Epstein/Stephanie Nauta (UVA) def. Sarah Pham/Callie Craig (UU) 6-2
4. Marie Faure/Caryssa Peretz (UVA) def. Karli Timko/Anna Pomyatinskaya (MU) 6-2
Doubles Round 2
1. #8 Julia Elbaba/Rachel Pierson (UVA) def. Sarah Pham/Callie Craig (UU) 6-3
2. Stephanie Nauta/Maci Epstein (UVA) def. Luisa Gerstner Da Rosa/Sarah Richter (UU) 6-1
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.