No. 3 seed Texas A&M defeated No. 14 seed Virginia 5-0 during the round of 16 at the NCAA Women's Tennis Championships on Friday.
Virginia ends the season with a 19-10 record, advancing to its third consecutive NCAA Sweet 16.
"It was a great match and it takes two teams to make it a great match," Virginia head coach Mark Guilbeau said. "I give a lot of credit to Texas A&M. In my opinion, they are a team that can compete and maybe win the national title. I certainly give our kids all the credit in the world. They battled hard."
Erin Vierra, Hana Tomljanovic and Maria Fuccillo finish their careers as the most successful class in UVa women's tennis history. The trio amassed a 74-36 dual record and participated in four NCAA Tournaments, including three NCAA Sweet 16 appearances.
1. #4 C. Sanchez-Quintanar (TAMU) def. #12 Julia Elbaba (VA) 7-5, 6-2
2. #68 Cristina Stancu (TAMU) def. #78 Stephanie Nauta (VA) 6-4, 2-6, 6-2
3. #52 Nazari Urbina (TAMU) def. Hana Tomljanovic (VA) 6-3, 6-4
4. Ines Deheza (TAMU) def. Li Xi (VA) 6-2, 6-1
5. Anna Mamalat (TAMU) vs. Erin Vierra (VA) 2-6, 6-2, 4-1, unfinished
6. Stefania Hristov (TAMU) vs. Caryssa Peretz (VA) 6-1, 3-6, 5-2, unfinished
1. #18 Stefania Hristov/Cristina Stancu (TAMU) def. Erin Vierra/Stephanie Nauta (VA) 9-7
2. #49 Wen Sun/C. Sanchez-Quintanar (TAMU) vs. Julia Elbaba/Hana Tomljanovic (VA) 7-4, unfinished
3. Ines Deheza/Paula Deheza (TAMU) def. Li Xi/Maria Fuccillo (VA) 8-3