- Four key starters from last season team return at the linebacker position for the Cavaliers. Clint Sintim, Jermaine Dias, John Copper, and Antonio Appleby all bring a wealth of experience to the field for Coach Al Groh.
- Crozet native Nick Little has qualified to play in the 2007 U.S. Amateur Tournament to be held in San Francisco next week. Little qualified for the event at Hermitage Country Club.
- Cavalier Cornerback Vic Hall will be on the field more than any other player. Hall is expected to play on almost every defensive series along with all facets of the special teams. Hall has already been named the holder on field goals and extra points.
- J.W. Stehle takes a look at the interesting eating habits of the Virginia Football team and finds out that Head Coach Al Groh feels this year's team is in the best shape of any team he's had in the past.
- Entering his second season a the Virginia Cavaliers Offensive Coordinator, Mike Groh, the son of Head Coach Al Groh, is stepping up his role and thinks this year's team is going to be much improved.
- CBS19 continues its high school football training camp tour and as Dave Strumpf tells us, the Albemarle Patriots program lost some talent from one year ago, but they are looking towards another strength to lead them to a possible district championship.
- Two more of Michael Vick's co-defendants are expected to take a plea bargain, leaving Vick as the only individual on trial for federal charges of illegal dogfighting. Vick could take a plea from prosecution as soon as Friday.