The top-ranked Virginia men's tennis team advanced to the semifinals of the 2014 ITA National Team Indoor Championships with a 4-0 victory over No. 11 California. The Cavaliers stayed perfect at 6-0 on the season.
The 'Hoos will play No. 5 Ohio State in the semifinals on Sunday.
The Cavaliers jumped in front early by winning the doubles point. Mac Styslinger and Thai-Son Kwiatkowski won 6-2 at No. 3 and Alex Domijian and Justin Shane won 6-3 at No. 1 to clinch it for Virginia.
Kwiatkowski, Domijian and Ryan Shane each won singles to seal the win for UVa.
The win was Virginia's 36th consecutive win, the longest active streak in the nation and tying the school-record win streak set in 2010.
#1 VIRGINIA 4, #11 CALIFORNIA 0
1. Domijan/J.Shane (UVa) def. McLachlan/Goransson (Cal) 6-3
2. Frank/Corinteli (UVa) vs. Bayane/Melton (Cal) 4-4 DNF
3. Styslinger/Kwiatkowski (UVa) def. Bergevi/Johnson (Cal) 6-2
1. #3 Mitchell Frank (UVa) led #62 Ben McLachlan (Cal) 6-3, 5-1 DNF
2. Alex Domijan (UVa) def. #68 Campbell Johnson (Cal) 6-1, 6-3
3. Ryan Shane (UVa) def. Filip Bergevi (Cal) 6-0, 6-2
4. Justin Shane (UVa) led #118 Andre Goransson (Cal) 6-4, 4-1 DNF
5. Thai-Son Kwiatkowski (UVa) def. Gregory Bayane (Cal) 6-0, 6-1
6. #62 Jordan Daigle (UVa) led Mads Engsted (Cal) 6-3, 3-2 DNF
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.