The No. 6 Virginia women's tennis team closed out the weekend with a 7-0 victory over Pittsburgh Sunday at the Boar's Head Sports Club. Virginia improved to 12-4 overall and 6-1 in the ACC.
The victory marked the Cavaliers second 7-0 win against an ACC opponent. Virginia also went 6-0 in singles and won the doubles point against Maryland.
Virginia opened the day by winning the doubles point. Danielle Collins and Maci Epstein won 8-3 on the second court and Caryssa Peretz and Marie Faure gutted out an 8-7 (7-4) win on the third court to earn the doubles point.
In singles, Epstein and Faure earned 6-1, 6-1 victories on courts four and six, respectively. Stephanie Nauta won 6-2, 6-1 on court two before Peretz closed out a 6-0, 6-2 victory on five. Collins, playing No. 1, earned a 6-3, 6-2 victory and Rachel Pierson finished off the sweep with a 6-3, 6-4 victory on the third court.
The Cavaliers will be back in action on Saturday, March 29 when they will play at Virginia Tech at 12 p.m. The Cavaliers return home on Saturday, April 5 when they host Georgia Tech at 12 p.m. at the Snyder Tennis Center.
#6 Virginia 7, Pittsburgh 0
1. Nauta/Pierson (UVa) vs. Washington/Blakely (UP) 7-6 (Abandoned)
2. Collins/Epstein (UVa) def. A.Wickman/Ogungbesan (UP) 8-3
3. Peretz/Faure (UVa) def. M.Wickman/Lu (UP) 8-7 (7-4)
1. #67 Danielle Collins (UVa) def. #86 Audrey Ann Blakely (UP) 6-3, 6-2
2. #47 Stephanie Nauta (UVa) def. Taylor Washington (UP) 6-2, 6-1
3. #55 Rachel Pierson (UVa) def. Lolade Ogungbesan (UP) 6-3, 6-4
4. Maci Epstein (UVa) def. Katherine Castro (UP) 6-1, 6-1
5. Caryssa Peretz (UVa) def. Kimmy Borza (UP) 6-0, 6-2
6. Marie Faure (UVa) def. Jocelyn Lu (UP) 6-1,6-1