Unsettled Grounds Headlines
Michael Strine, UVa's Exec VP, Resigns Post
- Michael Strine, who began working one year ago as the University of Virginia's executive vice president and chief operating officer, has resigned from his position, effective Tuesday.
UVa Faculty Senate Statement on McDonnell's BOV Appointments
- UVa Faculty Senate released this statement in response to Governor McDonnell's appointments to the Board of Visitors.
Statement from President Sullivan on Board Appointments
- Below is a statement released from President Sullivan on board appointments.
Gov. McDonnell Reappoints Dragas to BOV
- Governor Bob McDonnell announced Friday the appointment of six University of Virginia Board of Visitors positions, along with two senior board advisors, newly-created positions established by the governor.
Statement from Dragas Regarding UVa Board Appointments
- University of Virginia Rector Helen E. Dragas issued the following statement in response to Gov. Robert F. McDonnell’s announcement Friday of Board of Visitors appointees.
Alumni Pledge Thousands in Donations Following Sullivan's Reinstatement
- From online comments, to rallies and now to dollar bills, former Wahoos are showing their support for the University of Virginia. On Facebook a group of alumni are promising to give thousands of dollars to their Alma Mater.
UVa Historians Analyzing Impacts of Sullivan Saga
- University historians are analyzing how Sullivan's resignation and reinstatement will impact the University down the line. One historian says that only positive things can come from the past two weeks.
Toscano Expects GA Action Inspired by Sullivan's Ousting
- Local legislators are hinting we may see some action in the General Assembly next year to make sure a fiasco like what’s happened over the past two weeks doesn’t happen again.
Hundreds of Sullivan Supporters Rally on Lawn
- What began as a silent vigil on Tuesday ended in screams, chants and cheers. Before the Board of Visitors meeting hundreds of Sullivan supporters stood in silence for 16 minutes, representing each day since Sullivan's resignation was announced. That same group burst into thunderous applause when it was announced that she would be reinstated.
UVa President Teresa Sullivan Reinstated
- After a tumultuous two weeks at the University of Virginia, the Board of Visitors unanimously voted Tuesday afternoon to reinstate Teresa Sullivan as president.
Statement of Governor Bob McDonnell UVa Presidency
- Governor Bob McDonnell issued the following statement, following the unanimous vote by the University of Virginia Board of Visitors to reinstate Teresa Sullivan as University President.
Thousands of UVa Alumni Voice Opinion to Board of Visitors
- The University of Virginia Alumni Association collected 5,500 responses to the resignation of President Teresa Sullivan and gave them to the Board of Visitors on Friday. The responses have continued to pour in, and by Monday evening there were more than 6,000.
Students Stand by Their University Through Sullivan Saga
- Backlash from the decision to oust President Teresa Sullivan by the Board of Visitors has grabbed the attention of many. The question now raised is if the recent actions by the Board have deterred prospective students and parents.
Trustees of Darden School Foundation Support UVa Deans' Message
- Below is the statement from Trustees of the Darden School Foundation in support of UVa Deans' message to the Board of Visitors.
UVa Faculty Senate Urges "Grace and Dignity"
- The following letter was sent Monday morning to UVa faculty from George Cohen, chair of the Faculty Senate.
More Unsettled Grounds Headlines